Pittsboro Baptist Church was organized in 1833. The church was named Big White Lick Regular Means Baptist Church. It now goes by Pittsboro Baptist Church.
The first church house was built about a mile east of Pittsboro, where the cemetery is located on the south side of the highway. The present location out front by the sign had a meeting house built 1893 south of Pittsboro on Maple street. The new church building was built behind the meeting house on South Maple street. March 9, 2003 was the first service in the new building as it stands now.
The first pastor was called by the church in December of 1894. Elder William Benson was called to preach at that time. Pastors of Pittsboro Baptist Church: Elder William Benson 1894 Elder J.E. Lee 1898 Elder E.A. Williams 1899 (Pastored 48 years) Elder Donald Barnes, Interim Pastor Elder Harold Dodson 1946 (3 years) Elder Sherman E. Essex 1949 (34 years) Elder Larry Stafford 1985 (1 year) Elder William J. Brown 1986 (9 years) Elder Don Lambert 1996 (13 years) Elder Brock Evans 2010 (1 year) Elder Paul Loder, Interim Pastor (6 Months) Elder Brock Evans 2011 (7 years) Elder Paul Loder, Interim Pastor, January 2019-July 3, 2019 (7 Months) Elder Joe Ray, Called to Pastor May 15, 2019, began Preaching July 7, 2019-Present
We are thankful for those who have faithfully served Christ Jesus in our church through the years. That the Gospel has been preached and that souls have been saved.
We Would Love to Have You Visit Soon!
Sunday School Classes: 9:45 am Sunday Morning Worship: 11:00 am Sunday Evening Service: 6:00 pm Youth Group: 6:00pm Wednesday Evening: Bible Devotion and Prayer Meeting 7:00 pm